Social media was abuzz Monday night after the Washington Post published an article that announced Vice President Joe Biden had decided to launch a presidential campaign, but the story was quickly removed.
“Vice President Biden plans to enter the contest for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, ending months of speculation about his intentions and delivering a jolt to an already unpredictable contest, according to XXX sources familiar with his decision,” the article said in part.
The article was quickly removed and replaced with a message saying it had been “inadvertently published.”
Washington Post congressional reporter Paul Kane, who wrote the story, explained what happened on his Twitter account, saying the article had been published because of a technical glitch. “It happened when editors were embedding video file. It carries my byline. I regret that it was published accidentally. Deep apologies,” he wrote.
Kane added: “Finally, to be clear, we don’t know if it’s a yes or a no. Full disclosure: I have a he-says-no-story also written.”
(Copyright 2015 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: email@example.com.)