American singer Ariana Grande, in her first statement since the night of Monday’s attack at her concert in England, said Friday that she will soon return to Manchester to hold a benefit concert to honor and raise money for the victims.
“We will never be able to understand why events like this take place because it is not in our nature, which is why we shouldn’t recoil,” she said. “We will not quit or operate in fear. We won’t let this divide us. We won’t let hate win.”
The singer, who has canceled parts of her world tour, added that she doesn’t want to go the rest of the year without being able to see her fans. “Our response to this violence must be to come closer together, to help each other, to love more, to sing louder and to live more kindly and generously than we did before.”
Grande said she has decided to soon host a benefit concert for the victims of Monday’s suicide bombing at the Manchester Arena, which left 22 people dead and more than 100 injured. It happened just minutes after the singer’s concert had ended.
“I’ll be returning to the incredibly brave city of Manchester to spend time with my fans and to have a benefit concert in honor of and to raise money for the victims and their families,” she said. “I will have details to share with you as soon as everything is confirmed.”
Grande added: “We will continue in honor of the ones we lost, their loved ones, my fans and all affected by this tragedy. They will be on my mind and in my heart everyday and I will think of them with everything I do for the rest of my life.”
Ariana Grande’s management confirmed earlier this week that her Dangerous Woman world tour would be suspended until at least June 7, and Friday’s statement indicates that the singer intends to continue with her tour in the near future. Concerts in London, Belgium, Poland and Germany have been canceled.
(Copyright 2015 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.)